Twice a year, every year, the Natural Products Expo occurs, where a TON of natural food companies converge onto one location to show off their healthy food and snacks that follow and inspire the latest health trends. Most of these products eventually make their way onto Whole Foods store shelves and popular health blogs, but I get to get my hands on them first and introduce them to you so you too can be ahead of the curve!
The below are brands that you should look out for the next time you go shopping, not just for diet, but health and wellness too. Get ready to up your health game!
- Wedderspoon – You know about honey, but do you know about manuka honey? Wedderspoon sells raw, unpasteurized manuka honey that contains vitamins, water, and natural sugar. The benefits of this kind of honey are numerous; they range from calming an upset stomach, to healing ulcers, to fighting infection. The best kind of sweetener is the natural kind (although, remember that moderation is key to health.) So, make sure to pick up some Wedderspoon manuka honey during your next trip to the grocery store!
- Vital Proteins Collagen – Let’s talk about collagen. You may not know this, but collagen is key to your health – it makes up MOST of the protein in your body, and is able to keep us bendy, as well as to keep our hair, skin, and nails healthy. Of course, aging and vigorous exercise can get in the way of our body’s natural collagen production, so taking in collagen as part of our diet can help us regenerate what has been broken down. This is where Vital Proteins comes in. They sell several different products containing collagen, from capsules you can drop into a glass of water, to collagen creamer for your coffee. Vital Proteins is committed to feeding customers natural protein in the most delicious ways.
- Health-Ade Kombucha – Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE kombucha. It’s basically fermented tea that is filled with probiotics and organic acid. It’s great for your gut (and tastes really good!) I love Health-Ade kombucha specifically because this company makes its kombucha in small batches to ensure quality, and ferments it only in glass so no bad things from plastic or metal can seep into the mix. They are a small company and their kombucha is top quality!
- Farmhouse Culture Fermented Foods – I cannot stress this enough: FERMENTED FOODS ARE GOOD FOR YOU! They are filled with probiotics to help your gut better absorb food. This is why Farmhouse Culture has become one of my favorite companies. All of their products are made with fermented foods (and are even sold in chip form for those who can’t eat sauerkraut raw!) Their mission is to combat processed food with foods that make your gut healthier. My favorite product of theirs is their gut shot, which comes in a variety of different delicious flavors and is the perfect probiotic pick-me-up.
- Anita’s Coconut Yogurt or Coconut Cult Yogurt – Dairy free foods have become a huge trend in the health and wellness world! The options are endless, yet not all of them succeed, but the following two are my favs in this area. Coconut yogurt is a great alternative to regular yogurt, it is thick and creamy and filling! Don’t be freaked out by the high fat content, (coconut is naturally high in fat) but be sure to watch the sugars. Plain is usually the safest flavor to dive into, and then add your own sweetness. I usually add chia seeds, cinnamon, and a tablespoon or two of oats. Mix well and add a dash of maple syrup or stevia if needed. And, hey, here are those fermented foods again; yup Coconut Cult contains awesome strains of probiotics that are kid and dog friendly too!