With summer in full swing, my clients have been asking about best practices for balancing chips, guac and margs with their summer wardrobes. You know what I mean. A few too many salty snacks or even that time of the month can lead us to feel and even look bloated and puffy. Thanks to electrolytes and hormones even a slight imbalance can cause our weight to fluctuate 5 – 6 pounds a day! We’ve got you!! In order to help YOU feel energized, nourished and confident we’re sharing our favorite hydrating and debloating foods to include throughout the day EVERY day this August (actually, whenever!). Fuel up to depuff, feel great, and have fun!
- Watermelon – Who doesn’t love a cold slice of watermelon poolside? Made up of over 90% water, rich in vitamin C and magnesium, this juicy fruit protects your skin from sun damage and flushes out excess water. Enjoy right off the rind!
- Peaches – Also 90% water, this delicious stone fruit is rich in B vitamins, which support a healthy metabolism and potassium which flushes out excess sodium and prevents water retention! Enjoy thinly sliced with salad greens!
- Cucumber – One of my favorite summer vegetables! Low in calories, snackable and delicious in water with lemon, this veggie is made up of 95% water, is rich in potassium and magnesium flushing out excess sodium. Enjoy with guacamole instead of chips!
- Plain Yogurt – Rich in protein, potassium, calcium and probiotics, adding this to your morning or afternoon sets you up for success in a big way. The protein keeps you full and the probiotics promote healthy digestion, preventing belly bloat. Enjoy with the fruits listed above and double down on your water goals!
- Green Tea (iced!) – Loaded with antioxidants and epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), green tea prevents sun damage AND stimulates your metabolism. Serve over ice with sliced ginger and lemon wedge for easy elimination and bloat free days.
Sprinkle these seasonal treats into your beach bag or picnic basket and show up everyday feeling great!