If your new year’s resolution is to eat healthy, but you don’t have the time to cook let us introduce you to The Culinistas, a company that makes having a private chef affordable and not “fancy.” Not only is the food delicious, it is also family friendly and edited to your dietary needs. This week, The Culinistas asked us to highlight our six favorite and healthiest items on their menu. My first reaction was “only six?!” They all sounded so good and provided loads of health benefits too. But I followed instructions and chose those below. Log on to their website to get the full menu, my nutrition tips and a better idea of how they can work for you and your kitchen (ok fine and your waist line too!).
Of course my selections include veggies but there are also meatballs and brownies I can get behind when done The Culinista way so keep reading and feel free to drool if you want to!
- Sweet beet hummus and crudités – because what’s better than coming home to pre-cut veggies and delicious hummus to snack on?
- Sesame sautéed greens – I mean because greens, enough said.
- Baked halibut with radish top pesto – omega 3s doused in pesto = yum. I also love the use of the beet greens, no waste!
- Mini meatballs marinara – provides iron and zinc that the body needs to maintain health and wellness, especially during flu season!
- Kale pesto rice – the perfect healthy comfort food that delivers numerous vitamins and minerals that are important for heart and brain health.
- Chocolate fudge brownies – made with dark chocolate which is loaded with antioxidants to fight disease and boost your health. Who knew dessert could be healthy?