Healthy donuts? Yes please! These baked donuts are the perfect alternative to fried, sugary, store-bought donuts that the whole family can enjoy. Although I used blueberries and dark chocolate chips, you could try making your own variations or flavor combinations to suit your preferences. If you’re making these for your kids, be warned, the chocolate ones will go fast! But that’s not to say the blueberry donuts aren’t just as delicious…
1 cup spelt flour
¼ cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons coconut oil
½ cup white sugar
1 large egg
½ cup plain drinkable yogurt (try siggi’s)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup fresh blueberries
½ cup dark chocolate mini morsels
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a standing mixer or hand mixer, cream together the coconut oil and sugar in a separate bowl.
- Add the egg, yogurt and vanilla to the oil/sugar mixture and combine.
- Add the flour mixture tothe oil/sugar mixture and mix until just combined.
- Separate the dough into two batches (one for blueberries, the other for chocolate).
- Gently fold in the blueberries and dark chocolate mini morsels into respective dough.
- Spoon into greased and floured donut pan, filling ¾ full.
- Bake for 14 minutes, or until the tops spring back when lightly pressed.
- Let cool, sprinkle with some powdered sugar and serve!