June is only 8 weeks away
You know what that means….less clothes, less layers and yup…bathing suits. If you just caught yourself gasping keep reading because we have some simple solutions to get you ready for shorts, sleeveless shirts and bikinis! No, we don’t believe in crash diets here at Real Nutrition, we believe in building a life-style that lets you look great while enjoying the foods you love (just not all at the same time). Yes, to look your best in a short 8-weeks you are gonna have to make some changes and think about what you eat but you won’t have to suffer because that just sucks. We promise, suffering doesn’t get lasting results. So yes you might have to take the top piece of bread off from your sandwich at lunch (and it better be whole grain) but no you don’t have to juice all your meals and pretend to like it.
Real Recommendations to get you started:
- Drink 16 oz of warm water with the juice of ½ a lemon first thing in the AM
- Make your first meal a green smoothie or protein shake
- Have 5 servings of veggies everyday (1 serving = ½ cup cooked or 1 cup raw)
- Keep your coffee simple. Lattes (even skim) are not a free food.
- Remove soda (yes, that includes diet soda) from your diet completely
- Remove all artificial sweeteners from your diet
- Eat fruit on an empty stomach
- Make sure all your Carbohydrates (cereal, breads, pastas, rice) are not white
- Pack your lunch 3x/week
- Move your body at least 30 minutes everyday
Let’s start here. Pick at least two of the above to start with and stick to it for the entire 8 weeks. Not only will you look better, you’ll feel better too!
What are we taking on these next 8 weeks as our nutritional challenges?
- Green smoothie or protein shake for breakfast
- 3 weight training sessions per week, cardio just doesn’t get the same results